Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

If you have a question or a use case, likely there are others who are experiencing or worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge! Post here or in the vMX community. 

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Technical Bulletins Knowledge BaseDay One+

Latest Discussion Posts

• You can filter this network using firewall configuration. Look at this example (make your necessary adjustments): set policy-options prefix-list BLOCK-NETWORKS 10.82.1.0/24 set firewall family inet filter BLOCK term BLOCK-NETWORKS from prefix-list ...

• If you are not receiving that route, specifically, then you cannot reject it. What problem are you trying to solve by denying this network? Maybe there is another answer that can be provided based upon that information. ------------------------------ ...

• Hi David, Yes, it should be a /30 and not /32. Thanks for highlighting it, I have corrected it now. Regards ------------------------------ Sheetanshu Shekhar ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

RE: Cisco to Juniper

Sheetanshu, Should that first policy option be /30 and not a /32 ? set policy-options policy-statement bgp-export term 1 from route-filter 65.20.25.20/32 exact​ ------------------------------ DAVID CLARK ------------------------------

• Profile Picture

RE: Cisco to Juniper

Sheetanshu, Would this policy option not need to be a /30 and not a /32 ? set policy-options policy-statement bgp-export term 1 from route-filter 65.20.25.20/32 exact​ ------------------------------ DAVID CLARK ------------------------------

• Hello, I'm struggling with setting up the route-filter that could allow me to reject subnet 10.82.1.0/24 from received 10.82.0.0/16 from BGP peer. I was trying something like this but it is not working as /24 is smaller than received /16, so whenever ...

• BGP routes will be advertised by default to external peers. Since there is no route-map in the Cisco config that would prevent this default BGP action, I would not add term 2 in the export policy. ------------------------------ Sheetanshu Shekhar -- ...

Announcements

• Join the Innovators Circle

If you’re a Juniper customer/partner, you’re eligible to be a part of the Innovators Circle (IC).  Hundreds of IC members have participated in research studies conducted by Juniper’s decision-makers. Their feedback has made key business impacts in product development, branding, engineering, technical documentation, and more. 

But don’t just take it from me, hear straight from your peers about their IC experience.

Unanswered Posts

Top Contributors in the Community