SRX

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX300 JunOS 22.4R2.8 -- where'd "native-vlan-id" go for trunks?

Posted 17 days ago
    Edited by bkamen 17 days ago

Can anyone point to what happened to 'native-vlan-id' in  JunOS for the SRX300? 

I see old examples using it and exceptions for other models - but not what happened to it or what replaced it in this version of JunOS. (22.4R2.8)

(And before anyone asks why I'm not using the latest official version that is 22.4R3.25 - I tried it and it's got bugs with port-to-port traffic on same vlan/zone)

Thanks,

-Ben

p.s. it looks like according to this it's no longer needed?

------------------------------
    Ben Kamen

• 2.  RE: SRX300 JunOS 22.4R2.8 -- where'd "native-vlan-id" go for trunks?

Posted 16 days ago

I don't have a box running 22.4, but are you saying "native-vlan-id" is no longer valid in the config?

I read the doc article saying "without native VLAN ID" to mean the packets going out without a VLAN tag, rather than removing the "native-vlan-id" statement. I.e. native-vlan-id is a directive on what to do with incoming packets without VLAN id and "no-native-vlan-insert" tell the box not to put a VLAN tag on outgoing packets for that VLAN. All that being said, though, the article link URL as well as the mention of ELS suggests the doc is geared towards switches.

SRX documentation still mentions "native-vlan-id": https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/multicast-l2/topics/topic-map/layer-2-interfaces.html

Nikolay Semov

• 3.  RE: SRX300 JunOS 22.4R2.8 -- where'd "native-vlan-id" go for trunks?

Posted 15 days ago

Yep - that's what I'm saying.

And while "native-vlan-id" doesn't cause errors, when you look back at the config  you see:

ge-0/0/3 {
        unit 0 {
            family ethernet-switching {
                interface-mode trunk;
                vlan {
                    members [ vlan-dmz vlan-trust ];
                }
                ##
                ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (srx300)
                ##
                native-vlan-id 1;
            }
        }
    }

That sure doesn't look supported to me.

but if you look at the config from the webGUI via the text-editor, it doesn't show the warning. 

The system just happily takes the command.

Ben Kamen

• 4.  RE: SRX300 JunOS 22.4R2.8 -- where'd "native-vlan-id" go for trunks?

Posted 15 days ago

Ben, take a look at the doc I linked to before. In that example config, native-vlan-id is specified outside of unit 0, under vlan-tagging. I hope that helps, sorry, I'm not in a position to test it right now.

Nikolay Semov