SRX

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX240 etherchannel links

Posted 09-11-2009 09:58

Hey guys,

Is it possible to create a 4 gigabit ethernet channel link between an SRX240 and a L3 Switch (I am using an HP ProCurve switch). I tried various methods but I cant seem to get it working  properly. 

I am using ports 12-15 on my SRX to connect to ports 39,41,43,45 to my HP ProCurve. My goal is to create a 4 gigabit uplink in between the devices. 

On my ProCurve switch I configured ports 39,41,43,45 as part of VLAN 99, which I labeled as the uplink VLAN. The IP address for that VLAN is 192.168.1.254 /30. I configured the trunk ports as LACP and labeled it as TRK2 

On my SRX I configured ports 12-15 and grouped them to AE0. I needed to assign an IP address to it so I created a VLAN 99 labled it as connection to ProCurve and assigned it an IP address of 192.168.1.253 /30. 

I assigned the AE0 port to the Trusted Zone and enabled all protocols for testing. When I try to ping the 192.168.1.254 (procurve) on my SRX I do not get a reply. 

Can anybody please guide me to the right direction I know I am doing something wrong but I cant quite pin point the problem. Any help would be highly appricated thanks 

• 2.  RE: SRX240 etherchannel links
    Best Answer

Posted 09-11-2009 11:21

did you associate ae0 to vlan 99, and also associate the vlan.99 RVI to that VLAN?

ie:

set vlans vlan99 l3-interface vlan.99 (or whatever subinterface you used)

set vlans vlan99 interface ae0

Additionally, I believe you need to associate the vlan RVI (ie vlan.99) to the trust zone, NOT the physical interface in this case, sense all routing is being done on the vlan RVI, not ae0.  However you may also have to add ae0 as well -- i'm not 100% sure on that.

but also under your zone interface configuration make sure ping is allowed as well.

if you can post the relevant peices of your config that would be useful also

Hope that helps,

Will

• 3.  RE: SRX240 etherchannel links

Posted 09-11-2009 12:13

Perfect! I forgot to set the VLAN sub interface into the trusted zone. 

Thanks alot