Switching

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

If you have a question or a use case, there are likely others experiencing or who worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge!

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Knowledge Base Day One+ Technical Bulletins

Latest Discussion Posts

• Sorry for not being clear enough. When you create the snapshot of the working EX this will have all the configuration of that device as a bootable image. So when the console defective switch boots to this image you then have the configured ip interfaces ...

• Hi Steve, Thanks for your thoughts. Where I am struggling is that the console doesn't accept anything or any key. So I guess booting from USB is out of the question, as far as I know you need to press a key for that to activate. In the end it is my ...

• What a nightmare scenario. I would try to boot the non working device from a USB and do a format install of the internal drive. To get a bootable USB have a working EX in fully normal single switch no VC mode. Then run a snapshot to a USB drive. Then ...

• When configuring the bandwidth level in storm control: set forwarding-options storm-control-profiles sc-profile all bandwidth-level 15000 ​ What do we base the kbps portion off of? Is that going to be PPS for all streams? Is it for the available ...

• Thank you for clarifying that. I spent 3 full days on this one I read that the native cisco vlan 1 needed to be untagged and hence the cisco mgmt vlan needs to be native and included as a member of the uplink [EX] Native VLAN ID and tagged behavior ...

• You can test the physical port by using a fiber loop from the transmit to receive on the optic then running some loopback tests per this document. If the test work then the local port in/out is working correctly and the issue is with the pair link communication ...

• Hello, No LAG or any bonding just 10G port. No, the traffic is not delivered by another route. It was working fine for a long time and suddenly it's unidirectional. Tried shutting down another port to verify this but it's only one-way inbound. Chassis ...

Announcements

• Elevate Community Updates

We are making improvements to the Community based on your feedback. Keep an eye out for updates as they are implemented. 

Please give us feedback any time by posting in Community Talk.

Unanswered Posts

Top Contributors in the Community