SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  The use of general-ikeid

Posted 07-22-2020 05:42

Hello,

I have been setting up advpn as part of a deployment using ecdsa-signatures-256. Root CA and Local Certificate are successfully loaded onto the box.

Using the documentation: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-auto-discovery-vpns.html

I was trying to use the following to bring up the tunnel, referencing the OU inside the local certs.

Hub:

set security ike gateway PARTNER_GW local-identity distinguished-name
    set security ike gateway PARTNER_GW remote-identity distinguished-name container OU=Sales

Spoke:
    set security ike gateway PARTNER_GW local-identity distinguished-name
    set security ike gateway PARTNER_GW remote-identity distinguished-name container OU=Sales

However I had no luck, I then removed the remote-identity configuration on the spoke and added 
    set security ike gateway PARTNER_GW general-ikeid

The tunnel then came up, what are the risks/drawbacks of using this, will this affect the ADVPN setup as I add more spokes? Basically I am just trying to understand what general-ikeid does in some level of detail.

Thanks.

#SRX
    #advpn

• 2.  RE: The use of general-ikeid

Posted 07-22-2020 05:47

Hello Elliott,

The answer which you are looking for is explained in this KB article - https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB27302

• 3.  RE: The use of general-ikeid

Posted 07-27-2020 04:59

Just to clarify, does general-ikeid will bypass IKE-ID validation with received ID Payload?

It will not bypass certificate authentication completely?

• 4.  RE: The use of general-ikeid
    Best Answer

Posted 07-27-2020 07:57

Hi Elliott,

You are right. When general-ikeid is used it will only bypass the IKE-ID validation with received ID Payload and certificate authentication won't be bypassed.