SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Logs for shutdown or reboot

Posted 04-10-2018 11:44

Hello eveybody,

I just want to configure logs on SRX320 to get the "shutdown" or " reboot" message, please help me out the necessary config commands. Also what file size should be enough to keep logs for about one month.  

#Shutdown
    #logs
    #SRX

• 2.  RE: Logs for shutdown or reboot

Posted 04-14-2018 08:17

shutdown or reboot will clear and restart all local logging so you will need to get these from a syslog centralized system if you want to save them for reference.

• 3.  RE: Logs for shutdown or reboot
    Best Answer

Posted 04-16-2018 03:38

Thanks dear for your valuable reply. But i am getting logs of previous dates too locally saved.  Now i have created saperate files for USER traffic logs and also Turned-OFF NTP. USER, and Interactive-commands " messages" files.  This will keep the files from growing too large and ultimately over-riding the previous logs of interest. 

And will try to find out process  SYSTEM_ABNORMAL_SHUTDOWN.

archive size 100k files 3;
    user * {
    any emergency;
    }
    file messages {
    any info;
    authorization info;
    ntp none;
    user none;
    interactive-commands none;
    archive size 640k files 10;
    explicit-priority;
    }
    file interactive-commands {
    interactive-commands error;
    }
    file TRAFFIC-LOG {
    user info;
    archive size 320k files 5;
    explicit-priority;
    }

Please suggest a betterway if possible to keep the logging more accurate.