SRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with file copy for JunOS download

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Problem with file copy for JunOS download

Posted 07-10-2019 11:56

When I try to download a JunOS file I get this error:

fetch-secure: user.name@domain.com&__gda__=156...key...12e:">https://cdn.juniper.net/software/junos/12.1X46-D65.4/junos-srxsme-12.1X46-D65.4-domestic.tgz?SM_USER=user.name@domain.com&__gda__=156...key...12e: 
    No address record
    error: file-fetch failed
    error: could not fetch local copy of file

What does this error No address record mean?

#JUNOS
    #SRX240
    #download
    #JunOSSRX240download

• 2.  RE: Problem with file copy for JunOS download
    Best Answer

Posted 07-10-2019 13:47

I would expect it's because your device cannot resolve DNS - so no mapping from cdn.juniper.net to an IP address.

Can you do a ping google.com and get it to resolve? If not, you need to add name-servers to your configuration or load the new software via a intermediate host which can resolve the DNS entry.

• 3.  RE: Problem with file copy for JunOS download

Posted 07-11-2019 17:48

DNS and HTTP traffic were not routed to the internet.
    After fixing that, I was able to upgrade the SRX to the desired JunOS version.

• 4.  RE: Problem with file copy for JunOS download

Posted 07-11-2019 08:01

@jonashauge wrote:

I would expect it's because your device cannot resolve DNS - so no mapping from cdn.juniper.net to an IP address.

Thanks for your reply. It indeed looks like DNS is not working, though I have configured the nameservers.

Trying to figure out why dns is broken...