SRX

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-04-2011 22:09
      |   view attached

Hi everyone,

I was testing SRX100 for OSPF, VPN and JFlow. BEFORE OSPF CONNECTED this dashboard shows something weird for CPU(control).

I am using Junos 10.4R3.4

before using this OS version I uploaded 10.4R5.5 which shows 100%[red] CPU(control). then i decided to downgrade to previous release. now it stays in 69%-73% for CPU(control) and 80%-95% for Memory (control)

Is this normal for SRX100?

What is the different beetween memory (control) and memory (data)? why the load of memory process is very high?

Thanks anyway.

#CPU
    #web.gui

Attachment(s)

txt
    srx100_oto.txt   4 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100
    Best Answer

Posted 07-20-2011 03:43

Hi Christiannh,

The CPU display on GUI is not accurate with SRX series

to correctly check the CPU use the command:

> show chassis routing-engine

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

• 3.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-20-2011 07:12

and to answer your other question: SRX use two different "planes" of operation, a control plane and a data plane. Hence the two different memory values (each plane has it's own pool of memory).

• 4.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-20-2011 23:59
    Yes, thanks everyone. I think srx still need many improvements. I've tried two different OS but the result unsatisfied. The GUI is slow to access and does not shows the right environment.

• 5.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-23-2011 04:28

the gui has always been slow 😉 it has been getting better, though. however i still choose to not use it.

• 6.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-23-2011 13:35

Also be aware that JFlow is very CPU intensive on the software-based branch-SRX and J-series.  I'm not sure what kind of traffic is going through there but I'd investigate the option of syslogging.

• 7.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-26-2011 08:31

Actually above all else I have found that local traffic logging was the worst CPU hog.. If you need traffic logging you NEED to stream it to a Syslog server and not write it to local flash.

• 8.  RE: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Posted 07-20-2011 22:35

Hi,

The control CPU that you seen on UI is 1min average value.

Thanks,

Vin