SRX

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Application Tracking on SRX210BE

Posted 04-27-2019 02:28

Hi Community,

OS 12.1X46-D82, 12.1X44-D40.2

On devices SRX100B, SRX210BE, SRX240B absent the "security application-tracking" as well as absent "application-tracking" in security zones.
    However on SRX210HE2 the "security application-tracking" is present.

In the document Application Tracking (AppTrack) feature explorer there is no difference between B and H series.

Is there any ideas how to enable application-tracking feature in the SRX B/BE series?

Thanks,

Dmitry.

• 2.  RE: Application Tracking on SRX210BE
    Best Answer

Posted 04-27-2019 05:40

I would guess that it is not supported due to the memory limitations and the feature explorer should be expanded to note that difference.

On the feature explorer page you can report the issue for review with the area maintainer.

Select the feedback icon on the lower right.

when it opens up there is a text field where you can fill in the details you have here and submit the comment

These go directly to the owner of the documentation for review and potential update

• 3.  RE: Application Tracking on SRX210BE

Posted 04-27-2019 08:16

Thanks Steve, I've submitted feedback and asked for comments. 

I have one more question regarding devices which support application tracking.

It is possible to configure application tracking (with sending logs to Junos Space) without having appid-sig license but using only junos-defaults applications? Can it work?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Application Tracking on SRX210BE

Posted 04-27-2019 09:26

These features do require the license as outlined in this section of the documentation.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/security-application-identification-predefined-signatures.html

The Junos default applications you mention are a different feature.  These are used for standard firewall rules and only identify on port and protocol basis.  This is a different application list from the one used in the AppTrack, AppQoS and AppFW features.

• 5.  RE: Application Tracking on SRX210BE

Posted 04-27-2019 09:56

Thanks, I see.