SRX

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  srx5400 HA cluster and dual SPC

Posted 11-10-2016 09:44

Hi,

I've got two srx5400, each with two SPC cards in a HA cluster.

I am aware srx5400 can have only one RE so only control port 0 (em0) can be used.

All of dual control link configuration references are for srx5600/5800 when two REs are present - when both HA control  port 1 and 0 on the SPC are used.

But what about dual control port 0, from each of the two SPCs?

So currently i've got:

control-ports {
    fpc 1 port 0;
    fpc 4 port 0;
    }

Can i have this?

control-ports {

fpc 0 port 0;
    fpc 1 port 0;

fpc 3 port 0;
    fpc 4 port 0;
    }

Also to note, the FPC0 SPC which isn't connected to its counterpart on the other node doesn't have the HA led ON.

Any reference to documentation explaining this is welcome.

Thanks!

#dual
    #link
    #srx5400
    #control
    #HA
    #SPC
    #cluster

• 2.  RE: srx5400 HA cluster and dual SPC

Posted 11-10-2016 20:09

Hi,

Dual control links are not supported on an SRX5400 device due to the limited number of slots.

Please go through the following link which states the same :-

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1x46/topics/task/operational/chassis-cluster-dual-control-link-for-srx-series-connecting.html

Regards,

Sahil Sharma

---------------------------------------------------

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

• 3.  RE: srx5400 HA cluster and dual SPC

Posted 11-12-2016 15:55

Hello.

I was specifically talking about dual control links (control port 0) with two pairs of SPCs. So two of SPCs per device connected to other two SPCs using control port 0 on all SPCs.

The topic in the link you provided explains the situation when both control port 0 and 1 are used which is only possible with two RE (which srx5400 cannot have).

The devil is in the details...

• 4.  RE: srx5400 HA cluster and dual SPC
    Best Answer

Posted 11-13-2016 18:19

Hi,

The link I provided was so that you can see the following statement as a note :-

Dual control links are not supported on an SRX5400 device due to the limited number of slots.

SRX 5400 does not support dual control links no matter how many SPCs are present.

For the SRX 5k series, two routing engines are needed, which is not possible on the SRX5400, hence dual control links are not supported.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Sahil Sharma

---------------------------------------------------

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.