SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Cannot Update SRX550

Posted 07-19-2020 07:55

Hi!

I have a software package for my SRX 550. I am currently running 12.1X47-D20.7 and I am looking to upgrade to 12.3X48-D100. Whenever I try updating from the GUI I am not seeing the usual upgrade progress in the bottom. Furthermore, I tried installing the software from a USB stick in the loader. It seemed to be successful, but then weirdly it booted off of the secondary partition, not booting off the software version I just installed, I tried restarting again and it seems as though the primary was overwritten with the 12.1. Please let me know what y'all suggest I do.

Thank you!

Marton

#software

• 2.  RE: Cannot Update SRX550
    Best Answer

Posted 07-19-2020 09:43

Hello Marton,

Looks like your primary partition is corrupted that's the reason you are unable to install I guess.

I would suggest you to install the Junos with partition command. Please check the following technical documentation and navigate to "Example: Installing Junos OS on SRX Series Devices Using the Partition Option" section - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/install-software-on-srx.html

If the above procedure didn't work, make sure you save the entire boot process and send it to me. I shall take a look and will sugest the next step. Saving the putty log while doing the upgrade should suffice.

• 3.  RE: Cannot Update SRX550

Posted 07-19-2020 18:45

Hi!

This worked a treat. Thank you!

Best,

Marton