SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Compatibility high availability with 2 different SRX models ?

Posted 09-07-2016 08:06

Hi everyone ,

On my location I have SRX240H2 and I'm wonder if is possible to make a redundancy group failover on the same location

with a SRX220H2 as I don't need a stronger router for my second ISP and form here JTAC Recommended Junos Software Versions  they seems to have same compatible firmware ?

with a SRX300 as SRX2* are EOL  ? 

Any suggestion ?

#highavailability
    #model
    #SRX
    #HA

• 2.  RE: Compatibility high availability with 2 different SRX models ?

Posted 09-07-2016 10:02

No, that is unsupported.  You need to have identical hardware and software if you want to form a cluster.  SRX240H2 needs to be paired with SRX240H2.

• 3.  RE: Compatibility high availability with 2 different SRX models ?
    Best Answer

Posted 09-07-2016 19:25

Hi,

Please go through the link which states that the same hardware has to be used for a chassis cluster :-

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.1x46/topics/concept/chassis-cluster-formation-understanding.html

Regards,

Sahil Sharma

---------------------------------------------------

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.