SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I perform the equivalence of "debug ip packets" on the Juniper side and also where are the debug logs stored by default?

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How do I perform the equivalence of "debug ip packets" on the Juniper side and also where are the debug logs stored by default?

Posted 01-22-2014 19:02

Hi,

How do I perform the equivalence of "debug ip packets" on the Juniper side and also where are the debug logs stored by default?

#routing
    #Juniper
    #monitor
    #SRX
    #logs
    #syslogs

• 2.  RE: How do I perform the equivalence of "debug ip packets" on the Juniper side and also where are the debug logs stored by default?

Posted 01-22-2014 23:54

Hi,

Debuging on  a srx can be done with setting security flow traceoptions. You can use basic-datapath as flag and specify a packet filter and output file. The file will be placed in /var/log and can be viewed with "show log <file>.

So you have to make a tiny change to the config and commit it. In the X46 version which is comming out soon debuging can be done with an operational command.

• 3.  RE: How do I perform the equivalence of "debug ip packets" on the Juniper side and also where are the debug logs stored by default?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-23-2014 03:13

I think the specific trace options you are looking for would be outlined in kb16233

http://kb.juniper.net/KB16233

You may find the collection of troubleshooting options listed in kb15779 also helpful.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB15779