Training and Certification

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  About CCAN to JNCIA experience

Posted 07-19-2021 14:56

Does anyone tell me is it good to migrate from CCNA to JNCIA?

• 2.  RE: About CCAN to JNCIA experience

Posted 07-19-2021 15:22
    It is very easy to migrate from CCNA to JNCIA. The network concepts are all the same. It is just understanding the JUNOS CLI and structure that is the biggest learning curve.

------------------------------
    ALEX MARTIN

• 3.  RE: About CCAN to JNCIA experience

Posted 07-19-2021 16:17
    This is a helpful question - I got into the field by studying for the CCNA and now work in a Juniper-only shop, so I'd like to work on certifying in JUNOS but I wasn't sure if my CCNA background was useful or not.

Mary Bull

• 4.  RE: About CCAN to JNCIA experience

Posted 07-19-2021 16:27
    Its a great transition, a lot of your Cisco knowledge will relate.  Currently Juniper has two free online class for people making the transition.  If you click on the free training link , they are listed under Cisco Experienced as below:

CISCO EXPERIENCED:
    • CCNA TO JNCIA-JUNOS >
    • JUNIPER SWITCHING FOR CISCO ENGINEERS >

Fred Glauser

• 5.  RE: About CCAN to JNCIA experience

Posted 07-19-2021 16:32
    Yes! Today's networking field demands for Engineers having knowledge and Experience of multi vendor hardware and software.

Arsalan Ali