Data Center

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Data Center Architecture and approaches.
  • 1.  Step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng: Step 1

Posted 01-23-2024 12:51
    Edited by Jodi Meier 01-23-2024 13:01

#5minutejunos

Video: 1. Introduction - Apstra 4.2.1 in eve-ng

Video hashtag: #4.2.1_eve_video-1

It's finally time! Over 18 months after my first Apstra series, it's time for an update! New (as of this moment unreleased) version. New workflows. New virtual switching platforms. Lab guides you can actually download. Same great Intent-Based Networking taste with zero calories!

This is the first in what I've estimated to be an 11-part series taking you through a step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng. It's more comprehensive then the last series, and did I mention you'll be able to directly download the documentation I created to put this together?

Here are the videos I'm planning:
    1. Introduction (that this one!)
    2. Prepping Your Lab
    3. Day-0 Virtual Device Profiles and Agents
    4. Day-0 Building the Fabric
    5. Day-1 Provisioning Services
    6. Day-1 Deploying Testing Hosts
    7. Day-1 Over-The-Top Data Center Interconnect (OTT-DCI)
    8. Day-1 DCI Addendum - Direct Peering
    9. Day-1 Core/WAN Connectivity
    10. Day-1 Internet Connectivity
    11. Day-2 Ops Scenarios

I'm going to be grinding these out, so stay tuned for more!

------------------------------
    Consulting Engineer - Juniper Networks
    YouTube - 5MinuteJunos

• 2.  RE: Step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng: Step 1

Posted 02-17-2024 11:53
    Edited by spuluka 03-12-2024 09:20

Dear @cdoyle thanks for sharing video.

Im new user for apstra and want try build DCI connection. But when commit the configuration for Routing Zone and Virtual Network, im got a error after commit.

Thanks for your advice.

Itsukawa
    Network Engineer

• 3.  RE: Step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng: Step 1

Posted 02-17-2024 19:43

Is your lab using vJunos? I ask because I see the apply is choking on the configuration of symmetrical routing for L3 IRBs. You can try modifying your routing zones for asymmetric IRB. If you're using anything other than the virtual switches on the version I'm using in my lab, this could be a compatibility issue with that feature.

Colin Doyle
    Lead BizDev Manager - Security Strategy
    Juniper Networks
    https://www.youtube.com/@5minutejunos

• 4.  RE: Step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng: Step 1

Posted 02-19-2024 08:38
    Edited by spuluka 03-12-2024 09:20
      |   view attached

Dear @cdoyle im already using asymmetric, but other error has shown.

Agent status:
    Blueprint topology:
    BGP summary:
    Error after install agent (cant commit then im "delete system services extension-service request-response grpc routing-instance")
    please your advice.
    have a nice day.
    Thanks.

Itsukawa
    Network Engineer

• 5.  RE: Step-by-step build of a multi-fabric Apstra 4.2.1 lab in eve-ng: Step 1

Posted 02-20-2024 20:22

Your error message has changed. Apstra is now complaining about mac-vrf configuration. mac-vrf is not supported on any version of vQFX, which is likely the cause of your issue.

I'm somewhat limited in the help I can render if you are using vQFX. This lab was designed for and around vJunos and vEvo.  Even the commit error you are seeing from CLI references as requirement for mgmt-junos management-instance support that the vQFX does not have.

In my experience, you're going to spend way more time trying to "fix" vQFX in this lab than you will spend redeploying with vJunos. Heck, you don't even need to rip up your Apstra blueprint(s). You can onboard vJunos nodes, undeploy the vQFX nodes, and redeploy the vJunos nodes.

Sorry I don't have more to offer. You're in undiscovered country with your lab design.

Colin Doyle
    Lead BizDev Manager - Security Strategy
    Juniper Networks
    https://www.youtube.com/@5minutejunos