Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  SRX1500 don't have command "request system snapshot"

Posted 04-08-2024 06:20

Hello everyone,

I have some srx 1500 routers. Suddenly on a day, power supply for router is lost. When router is up again, I can't connect to router. I must use console cable to connect router, I find out my configuration on router that lost. I search on google that use command request system snapshot to fix problem. But i can't find command but on SRX340 have command it. My os version on SRX 1500 is  21.2R3-S3.5. I read some posts that command 'request system snapshot' supports on junos os with upgrade freebsd or junos os evoled.  How do I know that I use junos os with upgrade freebsd ? And I confuse that if don't request system snapshot, what command I replace ? And if you want to have command request system snapshot, How  do I do ? . I attached some pictures.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------
    DUONG HUNG

• 2.  RE: SRX1500 don't have command "request system snapshot"

Posted 04-08-2024 13:21

Hi,

To answer your questions, the system snapshotoption is not supported in SRX TVP platforms (SRX1500, SRX4100, SRX4200, SRX4600, and all variants of vSRX). From your description, I think you didn't do the snapshot of the device yet so you won't roll back the configuration. 

Another option may help you roll back the configuration:

- https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-install-upgrade-evo/topics/topic-map/evo-backup-recover-configuration.html

- Import the configuration manually

Thanks,

Y Le Nhu