Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  SRX1500 don't have command "request system snapshot"

Posted 21 days ago

Hello everyone,

I have some srx 1500 routers. Suddenly on a day, power supply for router is lost. When router is up again, I can't connect to router. I must use console cable to connect router, I find out my configuration on router that lost. I search on google that use command request system snapshot to fix problem. But i can't find command but on SRX340 have command it. My os version on SRX 1500 is  21.2R3-S3.5. I read some posts that command 'request system snapshot' supports on junos os with upgrade freebsd or junos os evoled.  How do I know that I use junos os with upgrade freebsd ? And I confuse that if don't request system snapshot, what command I replace ? And if you want to have command request system snapshot, How  do I do ? . I attached some pictures.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------
    DUONG HUNG

• 2.  RE: SRX1500 don't have command "request system snapshot"

Posted 21 days ago

Hi,

To answer your questions, the system snapshotoption is not supported in SRX TVP platforms (SRX1500, SRX4100, SRX4200, SRX4600, and all variants of vSRX). From your description, I think you didn't do the snapshot of the device yet so you won't roll back the configuration. 

Another option may help you roll back the configuration:

- https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-install-upgrade-evo/topics/topic-map/evo-backup-recover-configuration.html

- Import the configuration manually

Thanks,

Y Le Nhu