SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  Security Hardening: Linux and 128T

Posted 09-17-2019 05:16
    Hi All, 

I was wondering if there are any tips or tutorials on security hardening for the underlying OS that 128T runs on. 

I understand that the 128T router is as secure as you configure it to be, so no concerns on that side. But, me not being a seasoned Linux administrator, what are some things that provisioning engineers of the product should keep in mind to secure the OS itself against remote control attacks and other general security risks. 

Regards.

------------------------------
    Morne Vermeulen
    Core Engineer
    +27 (0) 10 141 8512

• 2.  RE: Security Hardening: Linux and 128T

Posted 09-17-2019 10:28
    Hey @Morne - @Prashant Kumar or @Ritesh Mukherjee might be good places to start. 

Thanks!
    Victoria ​​​

Victoria

• 3.  RE: Security Hardening: Linux and 128T

Posted 09-19-2019 21:09
      |   view attached
    Hey   128T keeps tight control of the linux OS we use and we keep all the critical security patches updated with every release. Also, 128T will keep only required Linux ports open and open ports are protected against DDOS attacks. That is the reason we pass all the Penetration testing with flying colors (I have attached herewith the latest Penn test report). As long as you do proper password management, you should be ok with Linux used by 128T.

Regards,
    Prashant. 

Prashant Kumar
    Vp Or Plm
    MA
    (781) 203-8369

Attachment(s)