Routing

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MX204 Output Relay Options

Posted 03-17-2024 19:47

Hey guys, just wondering if there is something I am missing. Trying to configure a 2 wire normally closed circuit that breaks and gives me a text and a call, currently got a bunch of critical power stuff connected and fire detections systems, however I am unable to connect an MX204 as the only option seems to be temerature alerts. Let me know if there is other options I am missing, take a look at my screenshot and the limited options available, hopefully I am missing something!

Also, I guess that input-relay option is irrelevant for my usecase, I basically want some kind of issue/alert to cause the normally closed output relay to open. Simple as that!

------------------------------
    Jakob Skilton

• 2.  RE: MX204 Output Relay Options

Posted 03-18-2024 20:14

The mode parameter sets if the relay is default open or closed for your requirement.

Relay input selects the alarm criteria where the relay will switch to the other non-default position.  

Temperature alarm triggers are separate as you note.

output selects which relay is applied.

Example and fuller description of the functions are here.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/chassis/topics/topic-map/chassis-guide-tm-error-handling-alarms.html#id-userdefined-alarm-relay-overview

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: MX204 Output Relay Options

Posted 03-19-2024 08:52

Thanks this was super helpful, I was thinking the input-relay option was a separate port as it lists 0-3, but I now understand you are setting the criteria for output-relay ports 0-3.

I also read the guide but got a bit confused like I said with the whole port selection thing. Seems obvious now haha!

Thanks again!

Jakob Skilton