Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Juniper SSG-140 and OpenVPN

Posted 02-12-2024 17:53

Hello,

Can I tunnel all my internet connection through OpenVPN? Does the Juniper SSG-140 have this capability?

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Jason Long

• 2.  RE: Juniper SSG-140 and OpenVPN

Posted 02-12-2024 19:28

I use NCPe's VPN client with my SSG-140 on a regular basis both from Windows and Android. 

From what I've seen of the OpenVPN client, an SSG-140 SHOULD be able to work... the problem is more on the OpenVPN side and its configuration.

The GUI for doing so is pretty awful. The text-file looks like it's comprehensive enough to make it work.

I just haven't sat down to try making it work. I have too many other irons in the fire to work on it at the moment. 

Cheers, 

-Ben

Ben Kamen

• 3.  RE: Juniper SSG-140 and OpenVPN

Posted 02-13-2024 16:55

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

So can I tunnel all my internet connection through OpenVPN?

Are other protocols such as WireGuard supported?

Jason Long

• 4.  RE: Juniper SSG-140 and OpenVPN

Posted 02-14-2024 20:51

I don't know specifically about WireGuard since I've never seen/used it. Any IPsec client should work.

As for "all your internet traffic" -- if your client is mobile, split-tunnel is worth looking at to see if it fits your needs better. 

Ben Kamen

• 5.  RE: Juniper SSG-140 and OpenVPN

Posted 02-15-2024 16:05

Hopefully this isn't too far off topic.  I've been wanting to know more about SRX dynamic remote access vpn.  I have seen Pulse Secure client work on Apple MAC and Windows.  I've been wondering if I can use built-in vpn clients on these operating systems and also iPhone to connect to SRX dynamic remote access vpn.  If so, is there any added configuration needed on either the SRX or the client side? 

- Aaron