Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Juniper SRX 1600 SFP Port not showing and latest JTAC recommended Junos

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11 days ago
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Juniper SRX 1600 for SFP and SFP + port.  SFP ports are not showing in cli while entering the command show interface terse.

PIC 1 and PIC 2 are showing as online but the ports are not listing.

And also from where we can see and download JTAC recommended JUNOS for SRX 1600 Firewall Model.

• 2.  RE: Juniper SRX 1600 SFP Port not showing and latest JTAC recommended Junos

Posted 10 days ago

Do you have optics inserted yet?

The show interfaces will not display without an optic since they are multi speed ports and won't have the GE/XE/ET interface notation until the optic is inserted asserting a speed for the port.

Downloads are on the support site.  The SRX1600 only has the current version option as a new release.

https://support.juniper.net/support/downloads/?f=srx

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Juniper SRX 1600 SFP Port not showing and latest JTAC recommended Junos

Posted 9 days ago

What optics do you have in which port ?  Do they show up in show chassis hardware ?

I ran into this with the SRX1600 too where I had inserted SFP+ optics into PIC1 ports 0 and 1 and they wouldn't list in the hardware, nor after a reboot.

My best guess was that because PIC 1 is SFP28 ports supporting up to 25Gbps optics that my SFP+ weren't forward compatible with them. I ended up moving my optics (SFP+-10G-SR and LR) to the PIC 2 ports instead which works fine (and suits me better leaving the SFP28's free for future expansion we'll probably populate them directly with 25Gbps optics)