Log in to ask questions, share your expertise, or stay connected to content you value. Don’t have a login? Learn how to become a member.
Let's see when YOU can spot the problem before it happens
1) I use mgmt port in my lab on my 10 2300-C switches for convenience
2) I don't use mgmt. port on the 250 switches in the field. I have a management vlan shared by all switches
3) Lab and fields run on Junos 20.4R2S2
4) Last year, we had to add an sfp with xe interface on 2 field switches.
5) I tested a config in my lab and, when I was sure it worked , copied it from the lab remotely on the 2 sites.
6) Last week we wanted to upgrade the 250 prod switches to Junos 22.3
7) I read the note on 22.3 and don't notice anything that applies to my configurations
8) I did the same steps that I have been doing for 3 years, hundreds of time
a. Have coffee
b. Put the new image in /tmp directory on each switch
c. Md5 check that the file is OK
d. Request software add <new image> no-copy no-validate
e. Make sure the image is correctly installed with the last line " will take effect at next reboot"
f. Notify clients of the coming 15mns re-start of the 2300s at scheduled date
g. Have coffee
9) On the scheduled date, at 23:00, I ask for a reboot on all switches
10) After 15 mns, all switches were back online, running on Junos 22.3 ... all except 2 for which I had lost total contact.
Took me a while to figure it out. I learned from my mistake and I'll share the solution with you next week J
error: Address cannot be configured on me0 and vme at the same time
error: configuration check-out failed
Interface control process: <message>Address cannot be configured on me0 and vme at the same time</message>
Interface control process: </xnm:error>
mgd: error: configuration check-out failed
ERROR: Current configuration not compatible with junos-arm-32-22.3R1.11.tgz