SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
Expand all | Collapse all

Hey everyone - I've been hearing a particular question around the 3.2.4 release (7/2/18), so I'm putting it here in the hopes someone(s) has a good answer.

• 1.  Hey everyone - I've been hearing a particular question around the 3.2.4 release (7/2/18), so I'm putting it here in the hopes someone(s) has a good answer.

Posted 07-06-2018 00:00
    In release 3.2.4 there is a new feature to upgrade a router via one of three options, conductor-only, prefer-conductor, and internet-only. The latter seems intuitive, but what do the first two options actually entail?

#3.2.4

• 2.  RE: Hey everyone - I've been hearing a particular question around the 3.2.4 release (7/2/18), so I'm putting it here in the hopes someone(s) has a good answer.

, thanks for posting this question. Here is a brief description of the three options available in the new 3.2.4 feature:

• conductor-only: "Download software from the Conductor, using it as a proxy to the Internet if it has not already downloaded the requested software."

• prefer-conductor: "Download software from the Conductor, using the Internet if the Conductor has not already downloaded the requested software."

• internet-only: "Download software from publicly available sources via the Internet."

Please note that conductor-only option requires you to provide the address of the conductor, which will be used as a yum proxy. If your conductor has more than one address per node used by managed routers, this option is not going to be available in the current version of the product.

#3.2.4

• 3.  RE: Hey everyone - I've been hearing a particular question around the 3.2.4 release (7/2/18), so I'm putting it here in the hopes someone(s) has a good answer.

Thanks, @Gene!