Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Flow export on netflow v5 from mx10003

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 02-26-2024 12:20
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

It seems one of mx10003 doesnt export flow to my flow collector. How can I check whether this mx10003 did export flow for sure? Bacause same configuarations are on couple of mx10003 and no flow from this mx10003 seen on the flow collector. 

set forwarding-options sampling family inet output flow-server x.x.x.x port 2055
    set forwarding-options sampling family inet output flow-server x.x.x.x autonomous-system-type origin
    set forwarding-options sampling family inet output flow-server x.x.x.x source-address y.y.y.y
    set forwarding-options sampling family inet output flow-server x.x.x.x version 5
    set forwarding-options sampling input rate 100

set interfaces xe-0/0/1:2 unit 0 family inet sampling input

• 2.  RE: Flow export on netflow v5 from mx10003

Posted 02-26-2024 20:17

The monitoring commands to see what the effect and transmit of netflow are:

show services accounting status

show services accounting flow

Details outlined here

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/flow-monitoring/topics/example/jflow-v9-configuring-on-ms-mic.html#verification

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: Flow export on netflow v5 from mx10003

Posted 02-29-2024 21:08

Nothing shows even on the router which the collector gets the netflow from and the router which collector fails to receive the netflow. But the collector did see the netflow from the following mx10003. What else I might check? Thanks.

mx@SGP01-RE0> show services accounting status  

{master}
    mx@SGP01-RE0> show services accounting flow      

{master}
    mx@SGP01-RE0> 

MAX CHU