Data Center

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Data Center Architecture and approaches.

Apstra 4.2.1 in eve-ng step-by-step series: Video 11. Day-2 Operations Scenarios

• 1.  Apstra 4.2.1 in eve-ng step-by-step series: Video 11. Day-2 Operations Scenarios

Posted 02-22-2024 19:55
      |   view attached

#5minutejunos

Video: 11. Day-2 Operations Scenarios - Apstra 4.2.1 in eve-ng

Video hashtag: #4.2.1_eve_video-11

Whoop whoop! We made it to the end!

For now… ;)

With our fabric built, it's time walk through a day-in-the-life of an Apstra DC Administrator.

NOTE: The scenarios in this video are 100% in DC-A. You can follow along with me after completing Video 6! That's right, you don't even need to have your DCI up between fabrics.

This was probably my most enjoyable and most frustrating video to shoot. Enjoyable because I love talking about how transformative Apstra makes DC operations. Frustrating because I accidentally missed a scene transition when I first recorded this weeks ago and had to re-record yesterday and blow out half my day.

Grrrr, but certainly not Apstra's fault.

In this video, we'll simulate two failures:

- broken link/transceiver

- broken remote hands not following your instructions for repairing the broken link (that never happens, right?)

We'll use the failure to step through how Apstra presents anomalies and how you can correlate those anomalies to identify root-cause and determine remediation steps.

After "fixing" our issue, I'll show you the wrong way to add custom configuration, the right way (configlets), and we'll end with something I suspect will generate quite a few views:

How to replace/upgrade a fabric switch (it's easy!)

I can't thank you all enough for watching through. I hope this video has been helpful for you however you plan to use (or not use) the content. Recording these isn't a part of my job. I do it because it helps me learn our solutions better, build effective narratives, and practice my public speaking (and failing in that, my editing).

I'm going to be busy for a while, but I will get back to recording videos in the next few months. In the meantime, I'll do my level best to respond to questions quickly in the Juniper Elevate Community forums.

Thank you for watching!

P.S. The thumbnail is me nearly 20 years ago at an ICANN conference in Milan. Very early, very nerdy Colin.

What an amazing journey!

------------------------------
    Colin Doyle
    Lead BizDev Manager - Security Strategy
    Juniper Networks
    https://www.youtube.com/@5minutejunos
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)

pptx
    11-slides.pptx   11.28 MB 1 version