Routing

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices

Posted 12-28-2016 02:35

Hi every one,

i have SRX210 two devices connected back to back.i configured RIPV2 between them on interface fe-0/0/7.But it didn't advertise its routes. My configuration is as under:

SRX210:

interfaces {
        fe-0/0/7 {
            unit 0 {
                family inet {
                    address 172.16.6.20/24;
                }
            }
        }
    }
    protocols {
        rip {
            group RIP_GROUP {
                neighbor fe-0/0/7.0;
            }
        }
    }

Same configuration on both devices.The neighbor is up.Then i implemented a routing policy as well as given under:

policy-options {
        policy-statement RIP_ROUTES {
            term ADVERTISE {
                from protocol [ rip direct ];
                then accept;
            }
        }
    }
    protocols {
        rip {
            group RIP_GROUP {
                export RIP_ROUTES;
                neighbor fe-0/0/7.0;

}
        }
    }

pls help me in this regard what to do and how to do it to advertise its routes to each other

• 2.  RE: Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices

Posted 12-28-2016 03:21

Hello,

You can use below link for Basic RIP configuration that may greatly help you.

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.3/topics/example/routing-protocol-rip-security-basic-network-configuring.html

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices
    Best Answer

Posted 12-28-2016 07:01

Also make sure that the zone(s) to which your interfaces belong allow the protocol rip:

set security zones security-zone NAME host-inbound-traffic protocols rip

• 4.  RE: Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices

Posted 01-03-2017 21:53

Thanks bro , now it is working. but let me to tell you one thing more about my jncia dumps.how to get dumps of jncia so that i may be able to take my paper .any idea 

• 5.  RE: Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices

Posted 01-04-2017 00:38

Three things, first read Junipers security and integrity of the exam ceritfications.

second, your test if you pass will passed through a special algorithym to check if you have seen the questions before and if it determines that, you will not get the pass and will have to retake the exam, or you may just be barred.

Thirdly, I am not sure this is the best idea asking that question on Juniper forums. Look at the Exam topins for the course you will be taking, and you will find all you need to know for a particular test. The training material provided and the lab guides includes a lot of ilustrations and highlights which should help you out.

• 6.  RE: Advertising routes between two SRX210 directly connected devices

Posted 12-29-2016 01:22

Have you read the article from Rushi?
    Can you see the rip routes
    >show route protocol rip
    Check if you are actually advertising any rip routes? Verify that Device srxB-1 is sending the expected routes.
    lab@srxB-1> show route advertising-protocol rip 10.0.0.1 (this is the IP of your local rip interface, not the rip neighbors IP)
    Check if you are actually receiving any rip routes? Verify that Device srxB-1 is receiving the expected routes.
    lab@srxB-1>show route receive-protocol rip 10.0.0.2
    Verify that RIP messages are being sent and received on all RIP-enabled interfaces.
    user@srxB-1> show rip statistics
    The SRX may need to be rebooted to load the proper image on the pfe, if that was not already done.