Automation

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Apstra, Paragon, and all things network automation.

If you have a question or a use case, likely there are others who are experiencing or worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge!

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Documentation Knowledge Base The Feed

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Slax script for rpd

When you ran the script just as an OP script, did you see data being pushed to the MIB? 1. Run the OP script : op collect_rpd_cpu.slax 2. Walk the utility mib and see if data is being recorded. show snmp mib walk jnxUtil ascii jnxUtilIntegerValue."RPD_normalized_cpu" ...

• Profile Picture

Or another option is to use the debugger to check your script and the data that it is getting. op collect_rpc_cpu.slax invoke-debugger cli sdb: The SLAX Debugger (version 0.22.1) Type 'help' for help (sdb) Then set some line breakpoints, e.g. (sdb) ...

• Profile Picture

Maybe add some output into the script, so that when you run it manually as an OP script you can check to see if you actually get data. e.g. <snip> var $pattern = "[0-9]+[[.space.]]+root[[.space.]]+[0-9]+[[.space.]]+[0-9]+[[.space.]]+[0-9]+[MKG][[.space.]]+[0-9]+[MKG][[.space.]]+[[:alnum:]]+[[.space.]]+[0-9]+[[.space.]]+[0-9]+:[0-9]+[[.space.]]+([0-9]+\.[0-9]+%)[[.space.]]+rpd\\{rpd\\}"; ...

• I didn't get any output from the OIDs. I copied and pasted the script but can't figure out what I did wrong. set event-options generate-event collect_rpd_data_event time-interval 300 set event-options policy collect_rpd_data_policy events collect_rpd_data_event ...

• Profile Picture

My first guess would be that the following is required: var $cpu_usage = $match[2]; Node sets start at 1, so jcs:regex() will return the entire string in node 1, and the matches in subsequent nodes. You will also need to double escape the last ...

• I created a script to retrieve the WCPU of RPD in OIDs, but it's not functioning as expected. Could someone assist me with this? version 1.0; ns junos = "http://xml.juniper.net/junos/*/junos"; ns xnm = "http://xml.juniper.net/xnm/1.1/xnm"; ...

• Hi Rob, the line: " ss=StartShell(dev) ss.open()" should be ss=StartShell(dev) ss.open() Maybe it was only a typo. After I changed this, it worked well. If you still have problem, check that you use the latest pyez ------------------------------ ...

Announcements

• JNCIA-DEVOPS Exam Overview webcast

Sign-up for the upcoming #free expert-led online webcast on Automation & DevOps #JNCIA-DEVOPS certification and gain an understanding on #automation tools and associated best practices. Get a chance to get your questions answered live by our expert Jordan Head.

Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 8 AM PST

Unanswered Posts

• 1 person recommends this.

Top Contributors in the Community