SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  Can I use my 128T router with an existing iBGP route reflector?

Posted 12-06-2017 00:00

• 2.  RE: Can I use my 128T router with an existing iBGP route reflector?

Yes ? you can setup your 128T router for a iBGP peer that is a route reflector. The iBGP peering config has a new config element called "route-reflector" as shown in the example below:

admin@corp-west-node-adam-lab.seattle-site-02-lab# configure authority router seattle-site-02-lab
    admin@corp-west-node-adam-lab.seattle-site-02-lab (router[name=seattle-site-02-lab])# routing default-instance
    admin@corp-west-node-adam-lab.seattle-site-02-lab (routing[type=default-instance])# show
    type default-instance 
    routing-protocol bgp
    type bgp
    neighbor 192.168.0.2
    neighbor-address 192.168.0.2
    neighbor-as 65000
    timers hold-time 9
    keepalive-interval 3
    exit
    address-family ipv4-unicast
    afi-safi ipv4-unicast
    next-hop-self true
    route-reflector
    client true
    exit
    exit
    exit
    exit

#IBGP

• 3.  RE: Can I use my 128T router with an existing iBGP route reflector?

Hey @Adam ,

I may be reading your answer incorrectly, but I think if you set client to "true" under route-reflector, then you turn the 128T into a Route Reflector server for the BGP neighbor you have configured (in your case 192.168.0.2).

My guess for the way to set up the 128T to be a Route Reflector client is to just configure the RR as a neighbor, just as you would with any other BGP routers, but I'm not sure. Do you know if there is something else I need to set?

#BGP​​