SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
Expand all | Collapse all

Recently heard this question and think some folks may be interested in answering/learning more about failover best practices.

• 1.  Recently heard this question and think some folks may be interested in answering/learning more about failover best practices.

Posted 08-16-2018 00:00
    If I have a service-agent service-routefor a given service that can be reached through two different data centers (e.g., AWS direct connect through two data centers), and their branches have peer service-routesto each of those data centers, what's the best way to setup the config to prefer DC1 over DC2 and failover to DC2 when needed (in the case of a WAN failure between branch and DC1 or an outage in DC1).

In this case, I don't need to go branch --> DC2 --> DC1 --> AWSbut rather want to gobranch --> DC2 --> AWS,I'm not sure if this is accomplished using Next Peer Service Route .

• 2.  RE: Recently heard this question and think some folks may be interested in answering/learning more about failover best practices.

Posted 08-16-2018 00:00

So, if we don't need to go branch-DC2-DC1-AWS and preserve existing sessions upon failover, then we don't need to use next-peer service route.

So, for non-resilient failover I would create two paths:

Branch --> DC1 & Branch --> DC2

Use different neighborhoods with their own respective Vector-to-DC1 and Vector-to-DC2.

In the service policy simply order the two vectors such that Vector-to-DC1 is at the top of the list.

This will do the trick.