Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX4200 DSCP remarking

Posted 09-03-2018 19:45

Dear all,

I followed the following guide to configure DSCP remarking on EX4200. I want to make all traffic going-out

interface ge-0/1/1.0 to be DSCP remarked as AF31.  However, it doesn't work.

I use port mirror to monitor the out-going traffic. I cannot see DSCP was remarked.

Please help. Thanks.

George

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB13381

set class-of-service forwarding-classes class office-DSCP-forwarding queue-num 5
    set class-of-service rewrite-rules dscp office-DSCP-forwarding forwarding-class office-DSCP-forwarding loss-priority low code-point 011010
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter office-rewrite-filter term 1 from source-address 10.11.72.132
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter office-rewrite-filter term 1 from source-address 10.11.72.133
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter office-rewrite-filter term 1 then forwarding-class office-DSCP-forwarding
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter office-rewrite-filter term 1 then loss-priority low
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter office-rewrite-filter term 1 then count office-hits
    set interfaces ge-0/1/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching filter output office-rewrite-filter

#DSCP
    #ex4200

• 2.  RE: EX4200 DSCP remarking

Posted 09-03-2018 23:01

Hi

Where do you do your port mirroring ?

As remarking is the last outgoing step you can only see the result behind the outgoing interface, not on the same EX, you need to do port mirroring on the next hop.

(In the KB they connect a PC with wireshark on the outgoing port)

regards

alexander

• 3.  RE: EX4200 DSCP remarking

Posted 09-04-2018 19:49

Dear Alexander,

I removed the mirroring port and connect a machine to the port and capture the packet in destination machine. I still cannot set the DSCP in the packet.

Is there any wrong in the setting? Thanks.

George

• 4.  RE: EX4200 DSCP remarking
    Best Answer

Posted 09-04-2018 21:17

I just found I missed a setting. 

set class-of-service interfaces ge-0/1/1  unit 0 rewrite-rules dscp office-DSCP-forwarding

So KB is also wrong.