Switching

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-25-2015 07:54

We currently have construction on our campus and the crews accidentaly damaged our fiber lines to the buildings on the other side of the construction.  I have a pair of EX4500s as our core connected to the outlying switches with a LAG.  I have dark fiber available using another route and I would like to put an EX4300 switch in to create an alternate route to the existing EX4200 switches using another connection to the existing LAG.  I need the other switches to remain connected when they replace the damaged fiber.  Can I add a connection from the new switch to the existing LAG on the outlying switch even though the LAG is from a different source other than the EX4500 core switch?

#LAG
    #ex4200
    #ex4500
    #EX4300

• 2.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG
    Best Answer

Posted 05-25-2015 23:24

No, this is not possible. If you are using normal LAG(not MC-LAG), then the source and destination of the LAG must be the same devices(standalone or VC).

I might not got this right, but I understand that you have the option to create a ring with the EX4500VC, EX4200 and EX4300.

Why don't you go ahead with this design during MW?

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-26-2015 06:25

First off, thanks for the answer.  At least it's something.  I would persue that avenue but I don't have any experience with MC-LAG configurations and I'm having trouble finding documentation referencing same that makes sense.

• 4.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-26-2015 06:29

EX4200/EX4500 doesn't support MC-LAG. EX4300 supports it.

However, you would need two devices that support MC-LAG to use the feature.

So, in your case, this would not be applicable and you are left with the option of creating a ring between EX4200 - EX4500 - EX4300.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.