Search

1 to 10 of 13
Sort by

Discussion Post
EX4600 Halt / Power Down

I just started using EX4600s, and have found an interesting anomaly. If I issue the command "request system power-off" or "request system halt", the systems stops, but I do not get the prompt "hit any key to restart" like I do on other EX series switches. The only way to restart the switch...

Discussion Post
DHCP ARP inspection does not allow to register new clients on DHCP. Disconnects clients.

Hello! I have such configuration of network the Host <-> EX2300 access switch <-> EX4600 core switch <-> EX2300 web server access switch <-> DHCP-server. I wanted to apply dhcp snooping and dynamic arp inspection on the access switch EX2300. And web server access switch...

Discussion Reply
RE: EX4600 RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) support?

UPDATE: Reply directly from Juniper ("Sr Partner SE" person) for reference: "We have the number of switches supporting DCBX with ECN, but there’s no explicit support for RoCE yet. DCBX is just one of prerequisites. As I have mentioned, the first our platform with RoCE...

Discussion Reply
RE: EX4600 RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) support?

Hi MM-Zel, RoCE relies on DCBX which the EX4600 supports: https://pathfinder.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=4062&fn=DCBX+version+support+for+IEEE+DCBX+and+DCBX+version+1.01 #EX4600 #roce #rdma

Discussion Post
Can a VC be migrated from 10G SFP+ to 40G QSFP+ live?

Hello jnet community, I have a 6 node EX4600 vitual chassis that was initially installed over 10G SFP+ links while the 40G QSFP+ cables are on the way. Is it possible to switch the VC links without downtime? Would adding the 40g links with "request virtual-chassis vc-port set ..." Configure the...

Discussion Reply
RE: MC LAG ex4600 - Setup problems

Hi so majority of issues "solved". I migrated both the ICCP and ICL to the ae0 interface ( with 2 links ) notes and questions: not all the attached devices are homed to both nodes ( ie they are single-homed ) I have had to leave RSTP on for my ae0 inter-ex4600...