Automation

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Question on JSNAPy --check

• 1.  Question on JSNAPy --check

Posted 05-16-2022 14:12

Hi.

I have the following JSNAPy config and test files:

[lab@desktop hey]$ cat config.yml

hosts:

- device: 172.25.11.1

username: lab

passwd: lab123

tests:

- test.yml

[lab@desktop hey]$ cat test.yml

check_loopback_interface:

- command: show interfaces terse lo0.0

- item:

xpath: //interface-address

tests:

- no-diff: ifa-local

err: "Test Failed"

I take two snapshots, once with my target device's loopback address = 1.1.1.1, and another with my target device's loopback address changed to 2.2.2.2.

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --snap snapshot1 -f config.yml

<<change the managed device's loopback address from 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2>>

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --snap snapshot2 -f config.yml

I am able to view the diff of the two snapshots:

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --diff snapshot1 snapshot2 -f config.yml

**************************** Device: 172.25.11.1 ****************************

Tests Included: check_loopback_interface

******************** Command: show interfaces terse lo0.0 ********************

/home/lab/jsnapy/snapshots/172.25.11.1_snapshot1_show_interfaces_terse_lo0_0.xml /home/lab/jsnapy/snapshots/172.25.11.1_snapshot2_show_interface

s_terse_lo0_0.xml

up                                                                      up                                                                    

</oper-status><filter-information>                                      </oper-status><filter-information>                                    

</filter-information><address-family><address-family-name>              </filter-information><address-family><address-family-name>            

inet                                                                    inet                                                                  

</address-family-name><interface-address><ifa-local>                    </address-family-name><interface-address><ifa-local>                  

1.1.1.1                                                                 2.2.2.2                                                               

</ifa-local><ifa-destination emit="emit">                               </ifa-local><ifa-destination emit="emit">                              

0/0                                                                     0/0                                                                   

</ifa-destination></interface-address></address-family></logical-inter  </ifa-destination></interface-address></address-family></logical-inter

face></interface-information>                                           face></interface-information>      

However, I am unable to execute the JSNAPy test to see whether the snapshots have different loopback addresses (from  no-diff: ifa-local in the test file)

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --check snapshot1 snapshot2 -f config.yml

**************************** Device: 172.25.11.1 ****************************

Tests Included: check_loopback_interface

******************** Command: show interfaces terse lo0.0 ********************

------------------------------- Final Result!! -------------------------------

check_loopback_interface : Skipped

Total No of tests passed: 0

Total No of tests failed: 0

None of the test cases executed !!!

I expected the above test to fail since the snapshots have different loopback addresses. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Deepak

Juniper Business Use Only