Security Management

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  VSYS and IDP

Posted 06-01-2011 09:18

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the functionality of IDP in a VSYS enviornment, for examople if I am running VSYS on ISG with IDP security module, then I know I can have those vsys on NSM as a individual FW with its own security policy but what I can't figure out is how IDP is gonna work in that scenario. Can I can only have one global IDP policy which i'll be available to all VSYS or can I have an IDP rulebase under that VSYS's security policy package.

Any suggestions will be apritiated

thanks

Regards

K

#IDP
    #VSYS
    #NSM

• 2.  RE: VSYS and IDP
    Best Answer

Posted 06-03-2011 00:23

Hi Kay

You can without problems create IDP policies per VSYS.

in NSM you just click the +-sign in the top right corner of the firewall policy window and choose Security policies-> Add IDP rulebase

• 3.  RE: VSYS and IDP

Posted 06-03-2011 02:32

Hi Hans,

I kind of expected that and but because haven't implemented that so had a doubt, thanks for the confirmation

Regards

K