Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  CoS for PPPoA subscribers

Posted 11-28-2018 06:09

Hi all,

I removed the last post as it was described incorrectly. This is the issue that I would like to try and resolve:

Here is the possible setup from a Customer perspective to our LNS:

Customer 1 - 10mbps ADSL

Customer 2 - 5mbps ADSL

Customer 3 - 8mbps ADSL

Our LNS pipe to the downstream ISP is 10gbps:

So, here is what DOES work:

If I set the Best Effort Queue on the LNS to be 5k and then flood it with large amounts of data and test the VoiP it all works fine.

However, this does not solve the issue of if Customer 1 is using ALL of his available 10mbps bandwidth. So, the following profiles are assigned to the queues:

BE - 65%

SIP-VOICE - 30%

NC - 5%

Can we allocate this per subscribers bandwidth rather than the complete 10gbps bandwidth?

• 2.  RE: CoS for PPPoA subscribers

Posted 11-29-2018 01:25

I will add this little bit in:

I know this can be achieved as I have been reading the documentation. The main problem is that we now have live subscribers and I cannot just simply test anymore. The docs are not the easiest to work out with no test system (Waiting for the vMX licensing), so I was hoping someone may be able to just give an example....

Thanks

• 3.  RE: CoS for PPPoA subscribers

Posted 11-29-2018 02:10

And here is the current Dynamic-configuration that works for the FULL 10gbps Phyical Interface CoS:

set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" interface "$junos-interface-name"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix next-hop "$junos-framed-route-nexthop"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix metric "$junos-framed-route-cost"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix preference "$junos-framed-route-distance"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix tag "$junos-framed-route-tag"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access-internal route $junos-subscriber-ip-address qualified-next-hop "$junos-interface-name"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" dial-options l2tp-interface-id l2tp-encapsulation
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" dial-options dedicated
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" keepalives interval 30
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" family inet unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" family inet6 tcp-mss 1452
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" family inet6 unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface"
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile protocols router-advertisement interface "$junos-interface-name" other-stateful-configuration
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile protocols router-advertisement interface "$junos-interface-name" prefix $junos-ipv6-ndra-prefix
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service traffic-control-profiles test scheduler-map normal
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service traffic-control-profiles test shaping-rate 80m
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" output-traffic-control-profile test
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" classifiers dscp sip-voice
    set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service interfaces "$junos-interface-ifd-name" unit "$junos-interface-unit" rewrite-rules dscp steves-test

So, I guess this needs modifying somehow to get it to work per subscriber.

• 4.  RE: CoS for PPPoA subscribers
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2018 03:12

Strangely, as I thought my configuration was not working, I have looked at the queues for each different subscriber and the subscriber I know has used NO voice has no data in the SIP-VOICE queue, but a subscriber who I know HAS used VoiP has data noted IN the SIP-VOICE queue, suggesting that heirarchical CoS is working as expected.

I will keep a note of this and retry.