Junos OS

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Vrrp vip ip on diffrent subnet

Posted 03-27-2017 21:47
    Dear all,
    I have an srx220 that have many ipsec and a single isp at the moment (/30 subnet).
    I want to start redundancy by adding a new srx box srx340 applying vrrp on both lan and wan .
    I come from cisco world, and i know it is possible to assign the phisical interface with dummy ip for example 192.168.x.x on both wan interfaces and assign the isp /30 as a vip. And it will work fine with no problems.
    I junos i"m unable to make it work this way.
    Is there a solution for my problem?
    Thanks
    #vrrp

• 2.  RE: Vrrp vip ip on diffrent subnet
    Best Answer

Posted 03-28-2017 10:41

as far as I know you cannot use a vIP address not from the network

but as long as the physical addresses are not used why not using a /29 network for the physical address with the VIP adress contained in the /29 network

the only drawback is that you cannot reach that /29 addresses if they are also remote

regards

alexander

• 3.  RE: Vrrp vip ip on diffrent subnet

Posted 03-29-2017 08:49

hi,

thaks for the replay,

I tested it and it's working fine

/29 from my side while its a /30 from the isp side.

🙂 thanks