Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Traffic statistics for subscribers - alternative like Telemetry Interface

Posted 07-16-2018 13:14

I need to monitor subscriber traffic for inputoctets outputoctets bytes.

I can configure set dynamic-profiles PPPOE-PROFILE interfaces pp0 interface-mib and use ifHCInOctets ifHCOutOctets

Due of a high numbers of subscribers I'm for alternatives.

Does Junos Telemetry Interface already have the support? Or can I use some commands better than snmp through ssh?

• 2.  RE: Traffic statistics for subscribers - alternative like Telemetry Interface
    Best Answer

Posted 07-16-2018 19:06

For subscriber traffic monitoring and for gather data consumption, which you inputOctet & outOctect,  you require to setup AAA server for accounting.

The mib in dynamic-profile does not help becuase you dont want to poll mib every time to monitor subscribers and doing so will burnet load in SNMP processs. JUNOS Telemetry isn't fully quailied for subscriber mgmt accouting use.

We have about 150+ ISP using juniper MX as subscriber-mgmt node, the best parctise for accounting data traffic is to setup accounting server.   A free radius as your authenthication server can aslo be setup as accouting server.

• 3.  RE: Traffic statistics for subscribers - alternative like Telemetry Interface

Posted 07-16-2018 19:11
    It will be supported from 18.4R1. OpenConfig sensors to support remote analytics and monitoring of queue and subscriber statistics associated with dynamic interfaces and interface-sets.

Regards,
    Rahul

• 4.  RE: Traffic statistics for subscribers - alternative like Telemetry Interface

Posted 07-16-2018 19:36

Telemetry for B-RAS was orginally planned for 17.3R1 and moved to 18.1R1 and now 18.1R4.

18.1R4 forcasts its release in late dec 2018, hence its not yet fully quailied for B-RAS use.

Early deployer can try in 18.1R3 if supported. Plus its pretty new tech in broadboad segment to monitor subscriber traffic, will certianly be a bit buggy during the initial stage. So for now, moinitoring/data/stats collection for subscriber, would suggest to setup accounting server.

• 5.  RE: Traffic statistics for subscribers - alternative like Telemetry Interface

Posted 07-16-2018 19:43

To add more info, telemetry code checks in 18.1R1 release, but 18.1R1 isn't B-RAS quailied build. hence 18,1R4 but its late dec 2018. Just configure a AAA Accounting sever for now!