Automation

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Trying to convert a slax script to pyhton

Posted 11-15-2019 12:10

I found the login.slax in a github repository, trying to convert to python but having a hard time finding the user to logout.

Trying to conver the slax:

if ($response == "no") {
    var $rpc = <command> "request system logout user " _ $user;
    var $noresponse = jcs:invoke($rpc);

to python

with Device() as dev: #Call Device this way becuase it will automatically open and close the connection
    jcs.output('..')
    jcs.output('..')
    jcs.output('Logging Out')
    res = dev.rpc.cli('request system logout user ' + username, format='text', normalize=False)

I am hoping someone knows how to fund the logged in user. We are suing Cisco ISE and TACACS to login which gets mapped to a local user on the switch so cant log that user out.

I am hoping to logout the user that attempted to login using their username they entered: JDI

show system users
    fpc0:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6:48AM up 1 day, 19:54, 1 users, load averages: 0.15, 0.23, 0.24
    USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE WHAT
    JDIZZLE pts/0 10.192.175.124 6:14AM - -cl

#pyezlogoffuser

• 2.  RE: Trying to convert a slax script to pyhton

Posted 11-17-2019 03:38

What user names show up when you run

show system users

With RADIUS this does still show as the actual user name even when mapped for permissions to a local user.  If that is true for the Cisco auth you should be able to use the script as designed with user name.

• 3.  RE: Trying to convert a slax script to pyhton

Posted 11-19-2019 15:27

The logged in users, my question is how to do I get the current logged in user. I have been looking at the juniper PyEZ documentation but cannot find anything

• 4.  RE: Trying to convert a slax script to pyhton
    Best Answer

Posted 12-19-2019 09:29

So here is what I ended up doing

import os # Used to retrieve the username
    import pwd # Used to retrieve the username

# finding the username and terminal session to disconnect. Cant do just user in case someone is trying to
    # brute force login with same user somone uses becuase the alternative would be to disconnect all sessions
    # for the user
    _tty = os.environ.get("CLI_TTY") # retrieving the current terminal session
    _terminal = re.findall(r"pts/[0-9]*",_tty)
    _username = pwd.getpwuid( os.getuid() )[ 0 ] #retrieving the current username

try:
        with Device() as dev: #Call Device this way becuase it will automatically open and close the connection
        jcs.output('..')
        jcs.output('..')
        jcs.output('Logging Out')
        res = dev.rpc.cli(
            "request system logout user " + _username + " terminal " + _terminal[0],
            format="text",
            normalize=False,

)

except:
        print("Unexpected error:", sys.exc_info()[0])
        # Issue with opneing Device or the username so logging out the current terminal session
        res = dev.rpc.cli(
            "request system logout terminal " + _terminal[0],
            format="text",
            normalize=False,
        )