Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Shall I need to enable "auto-targeted-session" on protocol ldp ?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Shall I need to enable "auto-targeted-session" on protocol ldp ?

Posted 08-13-2020 01:15
      |   view attached

Hi,

I've enabled LDP/MPLS/RSVP on our backbone. The LSP is working by LDP with RSVP(BypassLSP).

Just like this route: 

192.168.146.9/32 *[LDP/9] 5d 16:19:47, metric 1
       > to 192.168.146.46 via ae0.0
       to 192.168.146.38 via ae8.1, label-switched-path ae0.0:BypassLSP->192.168.146.9
       [IS-IS/18] 13w6d 00:51:04, metric 1

But I don't get if we need to enable this function "auto-targeted-session" on protocol LDP.

This function looks like for LDP LFA. Should I need it ?

BTW, I attached my configuration of one router about LDP/MPL/RSVP/IS-IS.

Thanks

Cloud

#ldp
    #rsvp

Attachment(s)

rtf
    Configuration.rtf   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Shall I need to enable "auto-targeted-session" on protocol ldp ?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-13-2020 02:49

Hello,

@Cloud wrote:

But I don't get if we need to enable this function "auto-targeted-session" on protocol LDP.

This function looks like for LDP LFA. Should I need it ?

The "auto-targeted-session" knob is for Remote LFA, it is not required for basic LFA.

The difference is explained in the "MPLS in the SDN era" book on pages 696-703 and further on.

Also please see RFC 5286 for basic LFA  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5286 and RFC 7490 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7490  for RLFA.

You are running RLFA if You have "backup-spf-options remote-backup-calculation" knob enabled under OSPF or ISIS.

If You don't have the "remote-backup-calculation" knob then You don't need "auto-targeted-session" knob.

HTH

Thx

Alex