Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips

Posted 08-14-2018 08:04

Hi Guys,

I am new to Juniper router. I need to configure Nat in my new juniper MX480 Router. Need to nat ip series 192.168.0.0/16 to 10.162.66.65/32 through a single interface to outside. At the same time there were some users other than 192.168.0.0/16 series go to outside through the same interface without apply nat. Anybody please guide me to configure the same. Thank you

#NATconfiguration

• 2.  RE: Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips

Posted 08-14-2018 09:00

Hello,

The following link has an example with the explanation that might be useful.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/nat-inline.html

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips
    Best Answer

Posted 08-14-2018 14:48

Hello,

There are 2 issues with inline NAT suggestion:

1/ inline NAT does not support port translation/PAT. The OP requested xlating  192.168.0.0/16 to 10.162.66.65/32, which is impossible without PAT.

2/ inline NAT requires a license.

As for the original requirement, You need a MS-MPC services linecard or MS-MIC services interface card to achieve  xlating 192.168.0.0/16 to 10.162.66.65/32 with PAT. Reference

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/ms-mic-and-mpc-overview.html

HTH

Thx

Alex

• 4.  RE: Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips

Posted 08-15-2018 07:05

Hi,

Do you have any example configuration for PAT in MX480 could you please share to me.

Also how can i dentify the ms-mic cards???

Thank you

• 5.  RE: Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips

Posted 08-15-2018 07:21

Hi aarseniev,

Do you have any example configuration for PAT in MX480 could you please share to me. Also how can i dentify the ms-mic cards??

• 6.  RE: Nat configuration to single interface for particular ips

Posted 08-15-2018 07:03

Hi,

I tried the same ,but when trying to commit the below mentioned error was shown.

'term r1'
    With translation-type basic_nat_44, pool must contain equal or more addresses than the from clause
    error: configuration check-out failed