Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Pic Offline for mx10003

Posted 09-04-2019 11:43

Hi guys,

I am facing a very unique problem. I have a mx10003 router and intending to use Port 0 and 2. Port 0 will have the breakout cables so I can get 4x10G links whereas Port 2 will be used as 40G.

I have the following configuration under the chassis.

fpc 0 {
        pic 0 {
            port 0 {
                speed 10g;
            }
            port 2 {
                speed 40g;
            }
        }
    }

However, after coming the above config and resetting the PIC using the command.

request chassis pic pic-slot mic-slot-number fpc-slot fpc-slot-number (offline | online)

The PIC is not coming back online. It comes online for an instance and goes back offline immediately. Any idea what can be done here?

Many thanks!

#FPC
    #mx10003
    #PIC
    #router

• 2.  RE: Pic Offline for mx10003
    Best Answer

Posted 09-04-2019 19:25

Hi !

Please check the alarms : "show chassis alarms"

It will give you some idea.

Additionally refer this link :

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/chassis-mx10003mpc-rate-select-configuring.html 

Regardless of the line card— MIC (PIC1) or fixed-port PIC (PIC0) installed —you must configureboth the PICs and all the associated ports, under the [edit chassis] hierarchy. Configuring ports on only one of the PICs results in an invalid configuration.

Please configure below command. 

set chassis fpc 0 pic 1 number-of-ports 0

Commit the conifg and reboot the FPC.

After the FPC boots up ; collect these command:

show chassis alarms

show chassis fpc pic-status

show chassis pic pic-slot 0 fpc-slot 0

show chassis pic pic-slot 1 fpc-slot 0

Regards

Arpit