Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-10-2017 13:10

Dear Experts,

I need to interoperate NOKIA (Alcatel-Lucent) and Juniper (I believe SRX)

On Nokia I am running routed-VPLS. Can I do that on Juniper? Cisco can do it as well. I read somethig about VPLS Routing, or VPLS integrated Routing but I am not sure...

Basicalle routed-MPLS is the following: Allows a VPLS instance to be associated with a VRF. In other words, Inside a VRF, we communicate two interfaces (in two PEs for instance) in a VRF via a pseudowire (VPLS).

Thanks a lot!! 

#pseudowire
    #Juniper
    #vpls
    #vplsrouting
    #routed-vpls
    #Nokia

• 2.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-10-2017 13:14

with routed-vpls we communicate internally both VPLS and VPRN without needing an external hairpin.

• 3.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper
    Best Answer

Posted 11-10-2017 14:52

Hi, 

This is possibe by configuring an irb routing-interface on the vpls instance and then the same irb interface can be added to any RIs/vrfs.

set routing-instances <vpls> routing-interface irb.x

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/vpls-irb-solutions.html

I think Juniper had it before ALU/Nokia.

Cheers,

Ashvin

Ashvin

• 4.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-11-2017 05:09

I am running some interoperability test with a customer: NOKIA - Juniper SRX

I am not entirely sure whether this is supported in SRX300, apparently it does.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/security-integrated-routing-bridging-interface-understanding.html

Basically I will connect VRF between NOKIA/JUNIPER, and enable routed-mpls to emulate SHAM-links to send OSPF routes as IA.

• 5.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-16-2017 00:47

The problem now is that the Interface is UP DOWN (the irb).

We did what was suggested: we created an interface in VPLS (and it is UP UP), and then added to the VRF (it is UP DOWN). We do not why....

• 6.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-16-2017 01:37
    Since this thread is closed, can you pl create new thread with your config and appropriate outputs?