Routing

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-10-2017 13:10

Dear Experts,

I need to interoperate NOKIA (Alcatel-Lucent) and Juniper (I believe SRX)

On Nokia I am running routed-VPLS. Can I do that on Juniper? Cisco can do it as well. I read somethig about VPLS Routing, or VPLS integrated Routing but I am not sure...

Basicalle routed-MPLS is the following: Allows a VPLS instance to be associated with a VRF. In other words, Inside a VRF, we communicate two interfaces (in two PEs for instance) in a VRF via a pseudowire (VPLS).

Thanks a lot!! 

#pseudowire
    #Juniper
    #vpls
    #vplsrouting
    #routed-vpls
    #Nokia

• 2.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-10-2017 13:14

with routed-vpls we communicate internally both VPLS and VPRN without needing an external hairpin.

• 3.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper
    Best Answer

Posted 11-10-2017 14:52

Hi, 

This is possibe by configuring an irb routing-interface on the vpls instance and then the same irb interface can be added to any RIs/vrfs.

set routing-instances <vpls> routing-interface irb.x

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/vpls-irb-solutions.html

I think Juniper had it before ALU/Nokia.

Cheers,

Ashvin

Ashvin

• 4.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-11-2017 05:09

I am running some interoperability test with a customer: NOKIA - Juniper SRX

I am not entirely sure whether this is supported in SRX300, apparently it does.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/security-integrated-routing-bridging-interface-understanding.html

Basically I will connect VRF between NOKIA/JUNIPER, and enable routed-mpls to emulate SHAM-links to send OSPF routes as IA.

• 5.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-16-2017 00:47

The problem now is that the Interface is UP DOWN (the irb).

We did what was suggested: we created an interface in VPLS (and it is UP UP), and then added to the VRF (it is UP DOWN). We do not why....

• 6.  RE: Routed VPLS in Juniper

Posted 11-16-2017 01:37
    Since this thread is closed, can you pl create new thread with your config and appropriate outputs?