Routing

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  MPLS - Dual Loopbacks Question

Posted 11-27-2009 08:01
      |   view attached

Hello

I have a scenario I need help solving ( see diagram )

I have a customer whom doesnt want his IP traffic using MPLS, but needs to run a L2VPN between the nodes.

I have setup 2 IP address on the lo0 interface of each PE node, with one being primary.

I then created two iBGP sessions between the PE nodes:

1. Session A - C having only family inet unicast and local-address A set ( or C depending on PE )

2. Session B - D having only family l2vpn signaling and local-address B set ( or D depending on PE )

I want to use RSVP to force traffic down a certain path.

But when I set up the LSP between the secondary loopbacks the RSVP sessions dont do anything.

If I setup between the primary loopbacks I can install the secondary loopback prefix into the LSP to force the second BGP session to also use the LSP, but my IP traffic then uses the LSP which is not what I want.

I have tried also specifiying inside the LSP a from of the secondary loopback, but doesnt work.

Is there a command I need to enter to be able to get this to run.

Any ideas?

#loopback
    #MPLS

• 2.  RE: MPLS - Dual Loopbacks Question

Posted 11-27-2009 10:39

Hi,

one easy possibility would be e.g. to advertise interface addresses between your peering routers and SP routers into IGP + to not use next-hop-self as export in iBGP. In this case you would only need one iBGP session for all families + just one loopback address + one RSVP path between your PEs. All eBGP routes would resolve over inet.0, L2VPN traffic would go through RSVP LSP.

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

Kind Regards

Michael Pergament

• 3.  RE: MPLS - Dual Loopbacks Question
    Best Answer

Posted 11-27-2009 13:12

Yes there is such command (actually, 2 commands).

Set up your RSVP LSP using remote PE primary lo0.0 IP@ as "to" address.

Use "no-install" to avoid putting remote PE primary lo0.0 ip@ into inet.3

Use "install <remote PE secondary lo0.0 ip@/netmask>" to install remote PE secondary lo0.0 IP@ into inet.3.

Establlish BGP session between primary lo0.0 IP@.

Then tweak BGP nexthop (by means of export policy) for L2VPN NLRI to become local PE secondary lo0.0 IP@.

HTH

Rgds

Alex

• 4.  RE: MPLS - Dual Loopbacks Question

Posted 12-01-2009 07:21

Thanks guys

I have tried what Alex said as this more closely matches what my requirements are.

I have attached the configs of my two PE routers.

The RSVP sessions are up and so are the bgp sessions.

but when I look at the vpls connection I get a VC-Dn status?

I am not sure if the export policy is setting the l2vpn NLRIs nexthops properly, any ideas?

Attachment(s)

txt
    R1.txt   2 KB 1 version
    txt
    VPLS Connections.txt   4 KB 1 version
    txt
    R4.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: MPLS - Dual Loopbacks Question

Posted 12-02-2009 00:19

Its ok

I fixed it and it working now,

many thanks