Routing

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Juniper configuration tool

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-28-2009 20:41

Does any one know something about Juniper configuration tool?

I know Juniper production has proven to be stable and high performance in carrier and enterprise industry. But to the SE, it is been a very tough ting to work out Juniper configuration correctly, especially in high-end routing system such as T/M/MX series. Too many things like PFC/PIC need to verify carefully. Comparing Cisco, one tool named "dynamic configuration tool" can make work streamline.

Appreciate if Juniper can provide such kind of tool , that could be one pleasure journey for SE.

Regards

Jiemin

• 2.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 02:15

You can use J web. you will require to install small package ( depending upon each Junos Version ) .

Then you can manage your router through http/https.

~~Sachin 

• 3.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 03:45

Actually I am looking for some "configuration tools" for quotation, ensure every part is ordered correctly.

Does any guys know about it ?

Rgds

Jiemin

• 4.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 07:41

Hello Jiemin - Juniper does have some configuration tools. Are you an end customer or do you work for a Juniper partner? If you are a partner and you go to the Partner page you will find what you are looking for under selling tools. You can build out a detailed configuration / quote from the tools.

• 5.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 09-29-2009 20:02

Hi Muttbarker, thanks for your info. But after checking partner centre, I can't find the quotation/configuration from selling tool.

Regards

Jiemin

• 6.  RE: Juniper configuration tool
    Best Answer

Posted 09-30-2009 06:17
    Good morning Jiemin - login to the partner center - select selling tools from the left menu - this will bring up a menu labled "Product Ordering Guides" - and the first option is "Channel Enterprise Configurator Tool" - You select that - it brings up a seperate page and at the bottom of that page is an option that launches the QuoteBuilder.
    #accepted
    #solution

• 7.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-03-2010 01:48

Tanx Kevin for your info

I’m not a reseller or partner

I ‘m end customer and I want to being able to configure the product like what we have at Cisco Dynamic Configuration Tool.

Does Juniper have something similar like Cisco?

• 8.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-03-2010 23:02

like Jiemin, I am looking for some "configuration tools" for quotation, ensure every part is ordered correctly.

But I'm NOT a partner or reseller or ...., (Only end Customer)

• 9.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-04-2010 05:52

The Juniper's tool is very confuse.

For example, it's impossible configure the M10i router, where's the chassis when I choose in the search field?

• 10.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 01:17
    😞 I’m hopeful and I’m looking forward to see a day that Juniper make s.th similar to Cisco and HP

• 11.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 07:54

While we do have a configuration tool for our partners, we don't yet have one for end-customers. I know it's been discussed, but I'm not aware of any concrete plans at this point. If you do have a strong need for this, please make your sales contacts aware. 

Regards,

-Keith

• 12.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 10-05-2010 17:45

iman, me too...

I have the Design Expert tool, but, is not good too. It have a limited information and have no all products...

Is very dificult. In some times we can't continuing without the help of our Juniper engineer.

• 13.  RE: Juniper configuration tool

Posted 08-05-2013 00:43

Anyone tested the configurator tool:
    https://partner-sbs.juniper.net/community/tools/close_the_sale/con

I was unable to find SFP+-LR on the MX240 MIC for SFP...