After I tried to reset/zeroize the EX2300, It came back and lost all of its functionality.
Meaning; Bricked, no bootable Kernel and No Junos at all.
I tried the top -google search/output, and no success.
What I have tried?
- tftpboot with bootable USB > Data is flowing but after completing transfer; the prompt returned, nothing happened!
- install from loader > error; /bin/sh install not found
- in Menu option bootmenu: boot from bootable-USB > attempting to access USB > Fail and return back to Main-menu 😞
So, there is one LAST option I did not tried.
- Recover from snapshot of an identical switch.
And here is my question;
- Can anyone provide me a snapshot from a Juniper EX2300 48 port switch?
It can be retrieved by this command:
"request system snapshot media usb partition"
I would be delightful by any help!
Thanks in advance.
If you were running 15.1X53-D56 or 15.1X53-D57 there is a known issue when you cannot recover the switch after doing a zeroize.
I don't know if I can paste the solution here as it's not a public PR so please contact JTAC if possible.
Thanks for your respond and Luckyly i was able to fix the whole system and have Full-functionallity!
I did format a USB stick with the USB-image as download from the Juniper-support-website.
On the device, Under; boot-options I was able to select USB-Boot and out of nothing, the system recognized all what was needed and executed the bootload from USB.
It booted one more time and came back 100% and I was able to access the Junos CLI.
Actually, a pretty forward recvovery!
All you need is a USB-image from the Juniper-Support-Download section.
Make a bootable USB-image with 3th part software.
- I used: Win32Diskimager.
Boot from this USB and sit, wait and smile