Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Dot1x without Supplicant

Posted 11-30-2015 07:27

Is it possible to enable dot1x on EX series without Supplicant software on PC. I have configured dot1x in conjunction with MAG2600 and dynamic VLAN mapping but have don't have the MAG in this case just the EX series and PC. I can use probably the free radius but how will this work on PC without any supplicant. How can I restrict access to ports unless authenticated by some means. Is this do able?

#authentication
    #Dot1Xwithoutsupplicant

• 2.  RE: Dot1x without Supplicant

Posted 11-30-2015 07:35

• 3.  RE: Dot1x without Supplicant

Posted 11-30-2015 08:22

This url talks about bypassing coupel of MAC address ( especially printers etc) I have 300+ AD users and looking to enable dot1x with the supplicant ( like Junos pulse). Again is it possible to enable dot1x with free radius and AD integration? My understanding is you still need somekind of supplicant.

• 4.  RE: Dot1x without Supplicant

Posted 11-30-2015 08:29

Once again, the web has all:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos13.2/topics/example/authentication-mac-radius-ex-series.html

If no supplicant, that all 300+ devices are non-dot1x capable.  Radius and AD, not that I am aware.  Radius and MAC yes, or else use built-in OS 802.1x supplicant, and try searching the web for answers.

• 5.  RE: Dot1x without Supplicant
    Best Answer

Posted 11-30-2015 13:13

I figured out the plan.

Use Windows embedded dot1x as supplicant along with Radius for Switch authentication. Below is a link for turning 8021x for Window machines.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-802-1x-authentication#1TC=windows-7