Switching

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  EX2300 VC bundle SKU - VC ports default settings

Posted 05-17-2019 01:36

Dear experts.

Does anybody have field experience with Virtual chassis (VC) bundle SKUs for EX2300  (e.g. EX2300-24T-VC, EX2300-24P-VC ) please?

Virtual chassis feature guide states:

EX2300 switches do not have any ports that are configured by default as VCPs.

Do the VC bundle SKUs have the same default settings for VCPs (disabled) please? 

These switches have VC license preinstalled hence default settings might have changed. However I doubt it but I do not have any of those switches in the reach to confirm.

Many thanks.

#vcp
    #VirtualChassis
    #EX2300

• 2.  RE: EX2300 VC bundle SKU - VC ports default settings

Posted 05-17-2019 01:51

Good day,

Because EX2300 doesn't have any dedicated VC ports you need to choice them and configure them by youself.

As I understand, if you order "EX2300 VC bundle SKU", you will recive a switch and an envelop with license code.

• 3.  RE: EX2300 VC bundle SKU - VC ports default settings
    Best Answer

Posted 05-17-2019 01:51

There are no ports on the EX2300 with VC enabled per default - not even on the -VC bundle SKU.

The VC bundle SKU is basically an EX2300 switch with a paper providing an RTU code so you are actually allowed to do VC (yes VC can be enabled on EX2300 without installing a license and you don't get any warning when activating VC). So pure honorbased as the MX or JSB/JSE featureset on SRX.

I have seen roadmap indications about making two ports VC per default on EX2300 in some of the Junos releases this year... but I will not expect the EX2300 to be factory shipping with that release before well into 2020... That's at least my personal expectation.

• 4.  RE: EX2300 VC bundle SKU - VC ports default settings

Posted 05-17-2019 02:23

Thank you vpravdin and Jonas. I suspected it is like this. 

The lack of preconfigured VC ports on EX2300 and VC license (although honor based) is bit limiting for small customers on our market (no plug & play). 

Have a nice day.