Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Class of Service - "classifiers dscp" on interface

Posted 11-12-2014 08:58

Dear Community,

do I need classifieres on an egress interface (Access Switch Uplink to Core), because config-help states it is only needed for incoming packets. But I dont want to care about incoming packets from uplink, I just care about outgoing packets to core:

set class-of-service interfaces ge-0/0/23 scheduler-map UPLINK-SCHED-MAP unit 0 classifiers ieee-802.1 COS_BA
    set class-of-service interfaces ge-0/0/23 scheduler-map UPLINK-SCHED-MAP unit 0 classifiers dscp DSCP_BA 

root@EX-4200# ...er-map UPLINK-SCHED-MAP unit 0 ?
    Possible completions:
    + apply-groups Groups from which to inherit configuration data
    + apply-groups-except Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
    > classifiers Classifiers applied to incoming packets
    forwarding-class Forwarding class assigned to incoming packets
    > rewrite-rules Rewrite rules applied to outgoing packets

Thank you!

#classifier
    #ex4200

• 2.  RE: Class of Service - "classifiers dscp" on interface
    Best Answer

Posted 11-12-2014 09:51

the general CoS processing on Junos device: Classifiers are used at the ingress (packets entering the device) and re-write markers are used in the egress (packets leaving the device). from waht i understand , you should only use the rewrite marker to modify the packets before you send it to the core.

BR

Kareem