Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-25-2015 07:54

We currently have construction on our campus and the crews accidentaly damaged our fiber lines to the buildings on the other side of the construction.  I have a pair of EX4500s as our core connected to the outlying switches with a LAG.  I have dark fiber available using another route and I would like to put an EX4300 switch in to create an alternate route to the existing EX4200 switches using another connection to the existing LAG.  I need the other switches to remain connected when they replace the damaged fiber.  Can I add a connection from the new switch to the existing LAG on the outlying switch even though the LAG is from a different source other than the EX4500 core switch?

#LAG
    #ex4200
    #ex4500
    #EX4300

• 2.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG
    Best Answer

Posted 05-25-2015 23:24

No, this is not possible. If you are using normal LAG(not MC-LAG), then the source and destination of the LAG must be the same devices(standalone or VC).

I might not got this right, but I understand that you have the option to create a ring with the EX4500VC, EX4200 and EX4300.

Why don't you go ahead with this design during MW?

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-26-2015 06:25

First off, thanks for the answer.  At least it's something.  I would persue that avenue but I don't have any experience with MC-LAG configurations and I'm having trouble finding documentation referencing same that makes sense.

• 4.  RE: LAG Multiple switch stacks into a single LAG

Posted 05-26-2015 06:29

EX4200/EX4500 doesn't support MC-LAG. EX4300 supports it.

However, you would need two devices that support MC-LAG to use the feature.

So, in your case, this would not be applicable and you are left with the option of creating a ring between EX4200 - EX4500 - EX4300.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.