SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  No web-interface, only ping. How do I log in?

Posted 12-13-2021 05:58
    Hi!

I am going to configure multiple Juniper SRX320 for different projects, and while the very first one I did went pretty smoothly, the second one does not have a working web-interface. I can ping it, and if I press the reset-button I get a web interface "Phone Home Client" with a circle and "2" written below - that is stuck for hours. Now after the weekend there is however no web-interface, so I am back where I started.

Is my device defect, or is there some way I can still program. I do not really need the web-interface, I only need a root-login, but without the web-interface I have not been able to set up a password, and I do not know what the root-password is by default.

I read that after september software is delivered separately, so does that mean that there is no web-interface until I have installed something?  Is my device defect, so I should move on to the next?

------------------------------
    MARKUS WESTERMOEN

• 2.  RE: No web-interface, only ping. How do I log in?

Posted 12-14-2021 10:43
    Hi! I updated the USB-driver to get the COM-port right and connected via the console-port, being able to run CLI via serial interface. (https://learningportal.juniper.net/core/user_scorm_launch.aspx?ver=2004) That did work, so while there is still no web interface I was able to make a password and configure the device - and then I do not worry about the j-web as I no longer need it. There are still some issues, so I am not sure I got it right yet, but at least I got in. 

So, there was a way, console+serial, and I am quite happy with my own solution - so far.

MARKUS WESTERMOEN

• 3.  RE: No web-interface, only ping. How do I log in?

Posted 12-22-2021 05:50
    I always disable home-phone client via CLI before access web GUI.
    but If you don't know root password, I would recommend to follow Recover a Root Password | Junos OS | Juniper Networks 

Wipawee Paiboonsematus