SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Enabling Ports on XPIM

Posted 01-20-2022 10:12

Hi There!

I recently received a 24 port gig-e XPIM for my SRX650. I have been having troubles implementing it into the network. My goal is to have it function as part of the Users zone which is also available on ge/0/0/2 and just have it function as a simple 24 port switch, in which all ports work as a simple ethernet for Users with J-web management interface enabled on 10.1.0.1 and DHCP assigning 10.1.0.0/16 addresses.

Currently, I have created logical interfaces, which I have pointed towards the Users zone. This doesn't seem to be working, as even after enabling DHCP on those ports (under security -> zones), and setting a management IPv4 I cannot get an assigned IP, and with static, I cannot either access the internet. On the 0/0/2 I have the IP set to 10.1.0.1/16, and then on the new XPIM logical interfaces, I have them set as 10.1.0.2, ...3, ...4 etc... Is this the correct way of setting this up? The only other thing I can think of is a VLAN, which I don't entirely understand how to do on the SRX650, as it tells me "ethernet-switching family not allowed on srx650:on-board gig-e" even if I disable 0/0/2 as one of the chosen ports. 

Please let me know if there's further information needed from me. I'm running 12.3X48-D101.

Thank you for your help, I'm quite novice at using JunOS and really appreciate the assistance.

Marton

• 2.  RE: Enabling Ports on XPIM

Posted 01-21-2022 06:00
    The general process for what you want is as follows.

• The gateway ip address moves from a physical interface to a virtual one vlan.#. <<<< chosen unit number with the family inet address which seems currently on your ge-0/0/2 interface
    • All the interfaces added to a chosen vlan 
    • The vlan.# interface added to the desired zone and existing interface removed
    • dhcp setup normally
    There might be some limitations on the card.  I can't find the documentation off some quick searches but I do recall there are some features that cannot be used on this card ports due to the way the chip set is connected.  But can't find the details.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------